söndag 12 april 2009

The weekdays!

I thought of sharing one thought of mine I had today, while I was resting. The thought was namely reconsidering the days of the week (I know what a thought!..).

If you asked me which day in the week I hate the most, I would probably say sundays. Even though a sunday is the first day of the week, for me it always feels like the last one. And not always but most of the times, a sunday is served with a plate of bitterness. The funny parts of the weekend and feeling ''free'' is over. The day afterwards ( the Monday) you usually have to return to your everyday rutin ( in this case not tomorrow due to Easter holidays here in sweden!) , either if that is a jobb, school, education at college or university etc.

When it comes to the naming of the weekdays, I think that is a long story. But in the most of the languages ( in tha case not in Greek) ''monday'' is named after the moon. Would that mean that sunday is named after the sun? sunny day? Well of course there are many religious observances when it comes to the etymology of the days! (For those who are more interested check )

Anyhow! Good night readers! I don't know about you, but I will enjoy my sleepy monday!

A nice monday to you all! =)


Baby socks with the weekdays written on them! cute right?


1 kommentar:

  1. There are worse things with the weekdays on them.. Like tanga panties ^^'

    SvaraRadera